Monday, November 26, 2007

Sixth Day at the Land


25th Novenber 2007

These few days were spent in adjusting to the environment. The general nature of ill-maintenance was quite stark at start. The initial shock was fast transformed into acceptance and re-accostomization. The frequent excursions in these few days helped with it. I also spent considerable time evaluating the amount of transformation of my home city over these three years. Those thoughts for a later time!

Already I have been to the wedding and reception of two of my very close friends. The wedding was a rather small affair, with about 60-80 guests. Even the rituals were quite simplified, I guess in view of the fact that the groom is not a Hindu.

The Wedding

The reception on the other hand, was a gala event at a club of south kolkata. That such a big area existed within the city, was previously unknown to me!

The Reception Venue

At the reception, a friend of the groom, had just flown in from the bay area. He had a 12-hr halt at the thai airport, and the lounge being under construction! He had apparently spent the day in shopping for his wedding (in another week), and then had come for the event. After all this, he looked quite as fresh as anyone else! I could not imagine myself doing so, jet-lag and tiredness would surely take its toll. Some people are quite insensitive to the amount of sleep and tiredness.. I envy them!

I had to take the Metro for both the events. The good old Metro, which was my daily transportation for more than three years. Those carefree school days! Seems like another lifetime.

No comments: